Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's cooking?

Just wondering what's on your menu this
fabulous Thanksgiving?
And just because I know you want to
know what I'm cooking up here's my
Thanksgiving menu.
Walnut and pear salad. This salad is so dang good.
It has blue cheese and a tangy vinaigrette.
The only thing I change from this recipe is I use strawberries instead of
the bell peppers, I cook the walnuts for less time and I only use about
half the dressing. Other then that everything is the same.
Brussels sprouts with bacon and cransaines!!!
this is something I only make once in awhile and is so very very good that I always
look forward to Thanksgiving just for a reason to indulge. This is so simple
Fry up your bacon, cut the sprouts in half and add to pan. add some salt and pepper. at the very last add those cransaines and cook just
till they are warm. I also use apples sometimes instead of the cransaines.
Rolls!!! and Mash potatoes!!!! I just have one or maybe
two things to say about are friend the mash potatoe. Think of milk as the
Republican party and be conservative with your amount but on the left we have
our Democratic friends salt and butter. Which I feel should be liberally used.
Just saying. Also my friend the Mama Monster gave me this great idea, add
a teaspoon or 2 of apple cider vinegar and your potatoes just pop a little more.
I will for sure be trying out this.

1 comment:

the mama monster said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and thank you for the salad a brussel sprout recipes my mashed potato twinner!

JustKemistry, our Family, Life and Love