Monday, May 6, 2013

So Smooth

My family is taking on a 30 day green smoothie challenge from The Unconventional Kitchen
(not all of us willingly).

I love green smoothies!!! I had fallen out of making them and when I did I pretty much just made my fav.  I love that I get 30 new recipes and a healthier way for the fam's to start our day.


Photo from Unconventional Kitchen

So with us about to start day six I have to say I feel amazing!!!
I feel more level, not so chaotic in my life.  Way more energy and I am waking up refreshed and ready for the day.  I should add that I have also cut out most sugar (had a cookie Justin made last night) and I am working out most days.  It's amazing how food affects us for good or bad.

I realized one day that if we didn't start looking at how we view the way we were eating then one day
we would have to change the way we viewed it.


Here's my go to smoothie.

CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA 
! scoop chocolate protein powder
! frozen banana 
1 spoonful of peanut butter
1 handful of greens (spinach or kale)

Mix together and enjoy.

1 comment:

heidi said...

I love green smoothies! And it's really the only way my 2 yr old will ingest green stuff... I've totally slacked off too & this is inspiring me to pull out--ahem clean-- my Vitamix

JustKemistry, our Family, Life and Love