Friday, September 13, 2013

Schultuete

My brother and his family just moved to Germany.
When I say just I mean like 3 weeks ago.
Right after they left I found out about the Schultuete (school cones).
Thank you pinterest.
They're a German back to school tradition that started in the 1800's.
Its basically a cone filled with school items.  Germany's make huge ones with
first day of school outfits, pens, markers, anything you could need for school really.

I new right away that I wanted to make some for my brothers kids heading off to a new school 
in a new country.  He only has 2 in school full time right now but I decided not to leave out the
little ones and made one for each.
Since I didn't have a lot of time on my hands and I wanted the schultues 
to reach them before they started school.  I used mostly what I had on hand.
I ran to Targets dollar spot it get the school supplies.




I also sent some Chic Fa La sauce for my brother and his wife.
Who doesn't love this sauce?

If you want to find out more about this fun back to school tradition go here.
If you want to find out how to make your own go here.

No comments:

JustKemistry, our Family, Life and Love