Thursday, October 3, 2013

Menu Thursday

First thing I thought I would do a recap from my last menu.
We loved the sweet and sour chicken,  it takes a good while to make, but it is super easy.
The pot roast was also good, if I make it again I'll add the juice from an orange, not just the zest.
The Chili was way to sweet for my taste but I shared it with a couple of families (it made a ton),
and most of them liked it.
The Taco bowls are also really good, I used chili verde instead of red salsa.

Without further ado 
This Weeks Menu
(source)

I woke up this morning to a liking ceiling in my kitchen.
Super Lame!!!!
So with all the drama that that causes and not knowing how much it'll cost.
I am going to try and save as much as I can on groceries this week.
I went threw my fridge and cupboards and made a menu out of  mostly things I have on hand.

The Pioneer Woman Potato Soup

Mel's Kitchen Chili
I am on the hunt to find a great chili and this one my friend Danielle loves.

Hobo Dinners

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Spaghetti 

Chicken Tortilla Casserole 

Tortilla Crusted Tilapia 
This is from Costco and has been hanging out in my freezer due to the fact that Justin watch
a show on a Tilapia fish farm.


This weekend is General Conference, which for us means treats and bean dip.
Lucky I have stuff to make treats and mostly what I need for bean dip.

I love conference weekend.  I love being spiritually feed by the Lords Prophet.
If you want to learn more about General Conference click here.

2 comments:

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

So I made the sweet and sour chicken and it just wasn't as good as yours. It was good though. Sam and Mia liked the chicken. Made it plain for Jake.

Kem said...

Did you use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar? I used white maybe that's the difference?

JustKemistry, our Family, Life and Love