Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sweet Tangy Buffalo Chicken

When I make this meal for my kids, 
its high fives all a round.
They love it and to get all 5 kids to love something is a minor miracle. 


Sweet Tangy Buffalo Chicken 
Greek Seasoning 
2 LB Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sprinkle Greek Seasoning over chicken (sorry I don't know exact amount, I just make sure each piece gets some, If I had to guess, I'd say 1/4 to 1/2 tsp for each thigh).  Cover and cook until done,  about 30 to 40 min.

Sauce
2 1/2 Tbs Butter
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Franks Red Hot Original Sauce 

Mix altogether in a sauce pan over medium to medium high heat.
Cook until all the sugar is combined and smooth.
Half the sauce

Dip Chicken in one half of the Sauce and over med high heat quickly shear both sides of chicken.
I do this on our grill.  The sauce can take your breath away at this point so being outside is a huge plus, and I love the grill marks.

Serve with the other half of the sauce.  

I am not a great big fan of traditional Buffalo Chicken.  I think the Brown Sugar helps to
mellow it out and 5 out of 5 kids can't be wrong. 
As a bonus this meal is really reasonable, in the wallet area.



JustKemistry, our Family, Life and Love